We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Closing PDF Window Closes IE

2005 IR Help

By: Todd - mrtodds

Closing PDF Window Closes IE

2004-06-29 17:04

When I close my pdf which is using the Adobe PDF viewer, it hangs my program and closes all my IE Browser Windows.

I only call one Jasper from my application:

JasperPrint jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperFile,parameters,conn);

// get the output stream

res.setContentType("application/pdf");

out = new BufferedOutputStream(res.getOutputStream());

out.write(JasperExportManager.exportReportToPdf(jasperPrint));

out.flush();

Can anyone help me. I see there is a isExitOnClose parameter, but that seems to be for the Jasper Viewer which we are not using.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

By: Chuck Deal - cdeal

RE: Closing PDF Window Closes IE

2004-07-01 07:05

When we were using Adobe Reader 5.0 we had problems like this. The problem is with the reader.

It is a little difficult to explain all of the circumstances, but the general idea is that if two reports were open at the same time (IE, popup window, Adobe 5.0) if you closed one of the windows before the other report had finished loading, it screwed up the Adobe process. Adobe Reader 6.0 fixed this problem with a much better Reader client.

By: Todd - mrtodds

RE: Closing PDF Window Closes IE

2004-07-01 09:16

I found the problem:

I have the new MSN toolbar with their Pop-Up Blocker. For some reason it has this weird bug with PDFs. When you close the PDF from IE, it closes all the IE windows you have open. Many people have reported this bug to Adobe and MSN. The only solution now is to uninstall the MSN toobar and everything will work right again. I saw that a few other pop-up blockers can cause this same problem as well so be aware.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic