We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

print when group changes

By: miwsney2 - miwsney2

print when group changes

2006-01-25 04:07

I have a report that shows the totalweight of certain species ($F{SPECIES}). The species are also devides in subspecies ($F{SUBSPECIES}.

The weights of each subspecies is cumulated to finally receive the total sum per species.

I have created a group species.

The Variable Totalspecies which is sum of weights is reset when group species changes.

The variable is shown in the detail section. I only want to print the variable on the lowest line of the speciesgroup (latest subspecies).

I checked the printwhengroupchanges checkbox but the field is allways printed in each detailline. This allways shows the same value which isn't wat i want.

Isn't this the usage for printwhengroupchanges?

Do i have to do something else?

EG:

BEEF OX 500 2300

BEEF BULL 1000 2300

BEEF COW 800 2300

PORK PIGLET 300 1200

PORK PIG 900 1200

SHOULD BE:

BEEF OX 500

BEEF BULL 1000

BEEF COW 800 2300

PORK PIGLET 300

PORK PIG 900 1200

By: Lucian Chirita - lucianc

RE: print when group changes

2006-01-26 01:52

If you don't mind having an empty text on the lines where you don't want to show the total, you can use the newly added Auto evaluation type. This is currently available on the CVS version and will be part of the next release.

With Auto evaluation type, you'd be able to use in the same expression values of the group count variable taken at different moments. By comparing the value of the group count variable at detail time (which represents the index of the row in the group) with the value of the group count variable at group time (which is the number of details in the group) you can decide whether the current row is the last one in the group.

As Auto evaluation time uses the variable's reset type to determine when to evaluate the variable, you'll have to copy the group count value into a variable that has None reset type:

<variable name="groupIdx" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="None">

<variableExpression>$V{Group_COUNT}</variableExpression>

</variable>

Then, in the text field having Auto evaluation time you can use the following text expression:

$V{groupIdx}.equals($V{Group_COUNT}) ? String.valueOf($V{GroupTotal}) : ""

You will also need a recent fix related to the group count variables (JRDesignDataset.java rev 1.13).

Regards,

Lucian

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic