We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Unusual Out of Memory error

2005 IR Help

By: sumtinjava - sumtin

Unusual Out of Memory error

2004-06-17 06:46

Hello,

I am troubleshooting a problem where the report will run ok a couple times and then on the third run or so Tomcat runs out of memory. Weblogic won't run this report at all, but will run other reports that are a little smaller fine. If I reboot my PC the report will run ok a few times and then after a bit I'll get this error. This report uses subreports and particularly subreports within the details band of a parent subreport. I have checked many of the posts here and have removed the margins and made sure my subreports weren't using more space than was available in the master report. As a matter of fact two of these subreports fit nicely within the boundaries of the master report and display correctly in the Open Reports designer, albeit taking a good while to display the report. Has anyone run into this problem before? I don't want to start piling ram on to this to fix it since it will likely show up again later if more records are returned. Oh, and if anyone knows a way to pass an instance of the resultset returned from a master report (if thats possible) to a subreport without having to re-execute SQL, that would be a big help.

Thanks so much

RE: Unusual Out of Memory error

2004-06-17 06:55

Before I forget, I have run all the subreports individually and they will run fine. But once the master report runs and executes the SQL (which with the loop in the details band will execute the statement 12 times per loop, once for each month of the year passing in different date ranges) it will eventually throw an out of memory error. But it does run a couple times in Tomcat before throwing this error.

2004-06-17 07:25

Ok, I think I have gotten it to work in Tomcat with no out of memory errors now. Just removed the margins on the master report, but it still won't run in Weblogic unless I remove about half of the subreports within the master report.

By: Chuck Deal - cdeal

2004-06-17 07:36

It sounds like JasperReports has a memory leak. Since you can run it a few times (same report, same parameters, I assume), then most likely, Jasper is not releasing all of the memory it is using.

If you have a memory profiler, you could try and find the leak. Otherwise, this might be difficult to REALLY resolve, since I believe that removing the margins on the master report was just a temporary fix...

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic