Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Receiving parameters from swing app

2005 IR Help

By: Dimitri - koudim

Receiving parameters from swing app

2004-05-04 18:24

First of all I would like to thank you all for your valuable aid in providing me with the info I need by answering my full of questions threads. Thank you all so much.

Know......

I'm developing a swing app in jbuilderX using an MS Access database in the background for storing data. I'm using succesfully jasperreports and iReport by now, to print my reports. BUT....

I need to pass a parameter (one integer) from the swing app to the xml template's SQL query (Designed in iReport) in order to fetch specific data from my database and print the report.

How can I do that ? How can I temper with the xml template in iReport and how can I pass the variable's value (parameter) from the swing app to the xml's sql query before compiling the report ?

Thank you again and again and again,

Dimitri

By: Dimitri - koudim

RE: Receiving parameters from swing app

2004-05-04 22:23

OK... done that. I managed to pass a parameter to the xml template. Everything is working ok... BUT...

BUT.....

when the jasperviewer is launched, although it is in the foreground, in front of any other frame, it doesn't respond to clicks.

I must fist close the frame (from which I launched the jasper viewer and it is located exactly behind the viewer window) in order to get control of the viewer.

Anybody has an idea how to overcome this ?

Thanks guys,

Dimitri

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic