By: Marcin Zochowski - stefek

Chunk type: TYPE_PARAMETER_CLAUSE

2004-04-28 11:49

Hi, (first sorry for my english)

assumption:

- in my app I use ejb not direct database connection

- user gets compiled .jasper files not .xml

problem:

- to get print I need to use (in consequence of above) JasperFillManager.fillReport with JRDataSource parameter. To build my data source I need run query that gives me all required data. The problem is I don't know at runtime what data is required cause I don't know what report is run by user. I thougth the best way to get all required data is to run exactly the same query that is declared in report file.

So I studied sources of jasperreports and I found that class JRQueryExecuter is all I need. The problem is I don't know what is TYPE_PARAMETER_CLAUSE chunk type, is it important for me or not (maybe my reports are simple but I never got that type of chunk). So if someone could tell mi what is TYPE_PARAMETER_CLAUSE it would be great.

Best regards

Marcin Zochowski

(I hope it's not the crime to play up JRQueryExecuter source)

By: C-Box - c-box

RE: Chunk type: TYPE_PARAMETER_CLAUSE

2004-04-28 22:51

Hi Stefek,

Did you also encountered the problem to filter out some data at report-runtime but the SQL-Query doesn't work with JRDataSource?

I didn't got to work a simple report that groups in MasterReport some Countries and in SubReport some Cities where all Countries and it's related data (people, square, etc) are in one JRDataSource and all Cities of ALL Countries are in another JRDataSource...

With direct DataBase-Connection and using SQL-Query it works well but with JRDataSources...I got mad with it.... we also thought of comparing a field with a parameter/variable in source of JasperReport executing routine but don't know excactly where to start.

If you find a solution, would you be so kind to post it here.

greetings from germany

C-Box

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic