Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Support for Japanese font in HTML, PDF

2004 IR Help

By: Radha - kradhak

Support for Japanese font in HTML, PDF

2005-12-15 17:04

Since I did not get a response in the Forum, I am resending this request here.

We have a JasperReport that works well for U.S. and Europe based languages. But when trying to show the report on a Japanese platform(Windows 2003), the HTML output is showing "???" (question marks) instead of the actual Japanese text. Also the PDF output is completely blank. We have chosen "Arial" as the web page font and "Helvetica" as the PDF font. We created the JasperReports templates using iReport.

Can you please tell me how we can get a template to work for Japanese fonts? It will be even more preferable if we could use the same font for Latin character based languages and also Japanese.

Thanks for your help.

Radha

By: Denny Valliant - xenden

RE: Support for Japanese font in HTML, PDF

2005-12-15 17:18

Check out the il8n example in demo/samples/il8n for information about doing different languages...

HTH

By: Radha - kradhak

RE: Support for Japanese font in HTML, PDF

2005-12-16 16:45

Thanks for the info.

I looked into the demo/samples/il8n files. It does not help much as I am using the iReport to create my templates. Can you specify what are the settings that I need to use for displaying Japanese text in HTML mode.

Also I have created templates (for PDF output) as specified in the Ultimate Guide using HeiseiKakuGo-W5 for PDF fontname and UniJIS-UCS2-H for PDF encoding. This works for simple report. However the Japanese text looks garbled in the subreport, if any. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I am using JasperReports version 0.6.6, iText version 1.3, and iReport version 0.5.0.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Radha

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic