We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Scriptlet class not found

2004 IR Help

By: geraldine84 - geraldine84

Scriptlet class not found

2005-11-24 00:46

Hello,

I would like to set a classpath dynamicly for the scriptlet. In fact, jasperreports is integrated to a soft using client/server. Each customer has different directories so that we can't set the classpath with classic way (in a file for example).

I tried many things : loading the class with Class.forName (the pb is that the scriptlet is loaded many times),

seting a new classpath with System.setProperty("java.class.path", classpath) but it doesn't work

finally I tried System.load() but doesn't work and I didn't understand anything.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

Geraldine.

By: Rafael Heise - rmheise

RE: Scriptlet class not found

2005-11-25 04:13

Perhaps you can leave scriptlet class with together the report, in same directory.

Try it. Because when I run my report, I don't set classpath, and the scriptlet work.

But I make a new jar File, with all files... jasperreports and lib!!

By: geraldine84 - geraldine84

RE: Scriptlet class not found

2005-11-25 06:43

thanks a lot!

I found another solution : http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=300557&start=0

but now there's another problem : if I change the scriptlet (for example I add a new method) and the report (.jasper file), it is ok for jasper file, but I get an error for scriptlet

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: cpy000Scriptlet.salut()Ljava/lang/String; at cpy000.evaluate(cpy000:190) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRCalculator.evaluate(JRCalculator.java:608) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRCalculator.evaluate(JRCalculator.java:536) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextField.evaluateText(JRFillTextField.java:299) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextField.evaluate(JRFillTextField.java:286) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.evaluate(JRFillBand.java:353) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBand(JRVerticalFiller.java:1218) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageHeader(JRVerticalFiller.java:357) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportStart(JRVerticalFiller.java:220) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:129) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:953) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:780) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:63) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:247) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:163) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:625)

It means that java keeps in memory the old scriptlet, and even if there is a new scriptlet class, it doesn't mind it and doesn't reload it.

I tried again a class loader, but doesn't work.

The only way is to close the server and restart it (not a good solution for clients)

Thank you,

Geraldine

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic