We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

NaN Error in iReport

2004 IR Help

By: Owen Newnan - onewnan

NaN Error in iReport

2005-10-26 15:28

I am a newbie evaluating the products, experimenting with iReport with an XML data source. I'm using Textfields to display content mapped to XML content. The fields with non-numeric content come out "NaN" which I presume means "not a number." The two fields with numeric content have numeric values printed, but those values do not appear anywhere in my source document. I must be doing something basically wrong--can someone set me straight?

RE: NaN Error in iReport

2005-10-27 12:24

Note items and types get handled properly when I use SQL- rather than XML-based fields. Also, I get nulls rather than NaNs when XPath expressions are wrong, so I think my XPath is right. Finally, the display types are string, the default.

2005-10-31 09:22

I <i>was</i> able to bring up the jReport OrdersReport demo under iReport by specify the path /Northwind/Customers for the datasource and leaving the rest alone. I think the problem is the old and new variants of XPath are different and the tutorial describes the old one, which uses a plus sign to describe deviations from the select expression. The version now implemented apparently interprets the plus sign as a numeric expression, hence the NaN.

By: cyunntan - cyunntan

2005-11-17 02:48

Hi onewnan,

Im still getting Null value for my report while everything has been configured properly, taking care of the case-sensitive Xpath properties as well. Have you found the solution to your problem ?

Any ideas ? Thank you

Regards,

cyunntan

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic