We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to keep group together?

2004 IR Help

By: Chengwei, Lee - cwlee

How to keep group together?

2005-07-14 22:22

Is there such a feature in JR now? For example at the bottom of my page, the group cannot be printed entirely, hence the remaining portions are printed in the next page, is there any option to specify such that the record would be moved to the next page, thereby achieving "keep group together"?

By: C-Box - c-box

RE: How to keep group together?

2005-07-14 22:58

Well, try to set the attribute "SplitAllowed" of the groupheader/groupfooter band to false. Then the band shouldn't split.

To let appear BOTH bands (groupheader/groupfooter) at one page... there is no option... of course there could be many detail records between that causes multiple pagebreaks - but that's clear, isn't it?!

hth

C-Box

2005-07-25 20:53

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my description. I understand that page breaks are sometimes inevitable. Let me explain myself further with an example:

Suppose I have grouped by data by a date field & up end having 10 distinct groups (i.e., 10 different dates). The 5th group so happens to span across 2 pages (say page 5 & 6). It would be too cramp to fit into page 5, but can fit the entire group comfortably into page 6.

Would setting "SplitAllowed" to false in both groupHeader/groupFooter band help me to "shift" this group to page 6?

Hope I'm being clearer this time round.

Thank you for your time!

By: C-Box - c-box

2005-07-25 23:08

Okay,

As the "SlitAllowed" is just for one band and you are using both (groupheader and groupfooter) you won't reach the effect, that BOTH bands are kept together (what I assume, you want to reach).... so this isn't possible (AFAIK).

Perhaps you could play around with the attribute "MinHeightToStartNewPage"... but this feature I haven't any experiences (yet) - sorry. I guess if you set this attribute to the bandheights of the groupheader+detailband the group will start at the next page. But this is just a guess... never tried.

Perhaps you should ask Teodor how to get it.

C-Box

2005-07-27 19:04

I really appreciates your effort & advices. Thanks for helping me out.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic