We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Change box size at filling

2004 IR Help

By: joã¯esteves - jrfe

Change box size at filling

2005-07-26 02:09

Hi,

I have to change a text field or a rectangle width depending on a value that is passed as a field. I haven't found a way to do this because jasper doent seem to accept attributes like width to be filled like this: width = $F{widthValue} , so now i wondered if it is possible to draw a rectangle in a scriptlet.

Please help me, i'm kind of in a hurry.

thanks to all

By: Piel Yves - narmataru

RE: Change box size at filling

2005-07-26 02:20

Hello,

Into the balise <textField> of your <textElement>, put the parameter : isStretchWithOverflow="true"

So the size of the box will grox up with your text :)

If you use iReport to make your reports, into the 'TextField' element option tab, there a check box with 'Stretch with overflow' to do that.

So after you have to set 'positionType' attributes to 'Float' in order to take care about the grow up.

bye.

By: C-Box - c-box

2005-07-26 02:39

I don't think that this is the solution "jrfe" would like to have...

This is just stretching downwards as the text is longer than the predefined width.... I guess he wants to make the width larger at runtime depending on a certain value of a field...so that the field goes more right, isn't it.

but this is not possible (AFAIK) because you are changing the layout at runtime and the fill engine could get confused. I wouldn't change a compiled report design at runtime... better load the design change it to your needs ... recompile it to get a JasperReport Object and fill it finally.

C-Box

2005-07-26 02:59

"but this is not possible (AFAIK) because you are changing the layout at runtime and the fill engine could get confused. I wouldn't change a compiled report design at runtime... better load the design change it to your needs ... recompile it to get a JasperReport Object and fill it finally. "

And how can i do that? (only two weeks of experience in jasperreports).

Is it possible to obtain the jrxml of a compiled and already filled report? If so my problem is solved, cause in that case i could alter the xml directly.

2005-07-26 02:56

Thanks a lot for your quick answer, i'll explore your sugestion, however what i really wished for was to be able to say specifically the value of the box width.

Once again, thank you very much for your attention.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic