Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Parts of pages missing when printing

2004 IR Help

By: Jackie Manning - jmanning

Parts of pages missing when printing

2005-02-02 11:19

We have a problem with the bottom parts of some pages not printing in windows. The pages could be anywhere in a multiple page report. It is never consistent. The exact same report can be re-printed and it may print all of the report or it may skip part of another page, possibly several times in the same report.

Anyone have any ideas?

By: Daniel Stuber - daniel_stuber

RE: Parts of pages missing when printing

2005-02-23 05:26

We are encountering exactly the same problem using version 0.6.1.

Is there any fix / workaround available?

TIA

Daniel

By: Teodor Danciu - teodord

2005-02-23 05:55

Hi,

There is a fix for a problem similar to this in the CVS

repository version.

I had something to do with clipping in the Graphics2D

exporter.

Could you try the CVS version and let me know if the

problem persists?

Thank you,

Teodor

By: Chris - joshua_dawg

2005-06-23 12:35

hey!

I am getting this same problem with the latest release of JasperReports.

I have a report that displays fine, prints great from pdf, ect. However, when I use either JasperViewer, or create my own frame and use JRViewer, the top part of every page is cut off. The cutoff is consistent. It occurs in the middle of my detail band, so all of the page header is cut out, and half of the detail ban is, too.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

2005-02-23 14:57

We tried the CVS version and still have the same problem. The problem does not occur on Linux, but does on Windows.

2005-03-31 12:50

We have found that by installing updated printer drivers from HP, the printer is an HP LaserJet 1300, the problem goes away. The drivers included in XP appear to have a problem. You can also set the properties on the XP drivers to print directly to the printer and the problem does not occur, but it appears the permanent fix is to install HP drivers.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problem as you have described above where some or parts of the pages of the report do not print. It is never consistent, it can happen on any page withing the report on each time i go to print the report. i have tried updating my hp driver and setting the driver to print directly to the printer but none of this solutions are working for me!

Has anyone got any other solutions?

Your help is much appreciated! thanks

Hi,

I have the same problem as you have described above where some or parts of the pages of the report do not print. It is never consistent, it can happen on any page withing the report on each time i go to print the report. i have tried updating my hp driver and setting the driver to print directly to the printer but none of this solutions are working for me!

Hi,