We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

HTML charts do not display in Tomcat on Linux

ktrinad

By: Adrian - preziosoadrian

HTML charts do not display in Tomcat on Linux

2004-11-07 19:37

I've encountered a very strange situation. I'm generating reports in a web application that is running in Tomcat 4.1.30 on RedHat and for some reason, the charts do not display in HTML format but they do in PDF format. However, the charts DO show up in both HTML and PDF when running on my development Windows machine. The report consists of a chart that is generated using JFreeChart and then below that is the detail section with the data that makes up the chart. The detail shows up, but not the chart. Prior to upgrading the JDK from 1.3 to 1.4.2, the reports used to render just fine. I suspect that the upgrade is causing a configuration problem, but I can't find the problem.

When it was running under JDK 1.3, I was using the PJA toolkit to render the images, but now that I've upgraded, I have removed the PJA dependency since it is not needed with JDK 1.4+. I've also added debug statements in my code to verify that my scriplet is getting called and generating the java.awt.Image, which it is. As another test, I have gone so far as to write the Image to a file to verify that the chart is being created. The image is being created, but not included in the generated HTML file. The generated HTML includes all sections of the report including the title, header, footer, and detail -- but those filler px gifs where the chart should be. This is absolutely baffling. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic