We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Coldfusion & JasperReports

2004 IR Help

By: Cezar FLOROIU - cezz

Coldfusion & JasperReports

2003-07-01 01:44

Hi

I'm trying to generate PDF reports from Coldfusion using JasperReports. Did anyone tried ? Also, how can I generate reports from SQL Server ?

Thanks in advance

By: Cezar FLOROIU - cezz

RE: Coldfusion & JasperReports

2003-07-03 08:01

When I run the class (from Coldfusion) that compiles the XML template, this error is raised :

Declared encoding "UTF-8" does not match actual one "Cp1252"; this might not be an error.

Do you know why this is happening ?

Thx

By: Teodor Danciu - teodord

2003-07-03 10:00

Hi,

There is a patch for this here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=733882&group_id=36382&atid=416705

Thank you,

Teodor

By: Michael Slack - slackmg

2003-07-01 13:25

Yes, we have successfully generated reports using JasperReports and CF 5.0 using a series of custom java classes implemented through the dynamic class loading feature of cold fusion (cfobject tag).

Never have used SQL server so I can't answer that one.

By: Ben Ptacek - bptacek

2004-08-24 21:53

I have a tag that you can get at the Macromedia Exchange, http://www.pyropost.com or the great http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyropost/. It's called Pyro_JasperReports.

Good luck

By: Emmanuel Okyere - eokyere

2004-08-25 10:48

no need for a tag... just go as Michael Slack points out... jar up your classes and put them on your classpath... then create cfobjects of those and call the public methods you've created that fill/print your reports

By: Adam - zzy740218

2004-08-25 07:56

hi Ben:

Are you sure your code works on CFMX/Jrun4?

Adam

By: Denny Valliant - xenden

2005-02-28 23:02

This is an old post, but I was wondering if there had been some resolution?

Now that cfmx7 has a 'report builder', it's probably moot for the future, but I was looking forward to running the RTF patch and being able to spit out RTFs as well as the other common formats. And it's been this challenge, neh?

Running cfmx6.x, jrun server config, currently.

At any rate, I've traced the problem to commons-logging. If I open up coldfusion's webservices.jar, and remove the org.apache.commons.logging folder, I can run reports. Only problem is that A: CF must need it there, no matter it's the same files that are in the commons-logging.jar and B: the resulting reports have no line breaks in the text!

Why this would be so, I have no clue. After reading other posts, I'm wondering if I should try to expand all the jars, and then jar them all back up into one jar. if that is even possible. Manifest might be a problem. I really don't know. One java class, last year, doesn't cut it. ;-)

Does this ring any bells for anone?

2005-03-23 02:11

An update for some other poor soul:

Commons loggin apparently uses whatever logging is already running( in laymans terms ).

Options: Run jasperreports as a seperate application. Enable j2ee session stuff and pass data back and forth. Theoretically.

Strip the getFactoryName function from commons-logging factoryImpl ,Implement simplelog stuff, and specify org.apache.commons.logging.log=yourClass in the jvm coldfusion startup thingy. Oh yeah, Theoretically.

Remove the logging from webservices as mentioned earlier. Logging should default to something that basically works. Still testing this option. Probably easiest, but might affect some CF logging stuff. Eh.

Speaking of jvm arguments, that's what was causing the run-on text, the old 'headless' problem(basically. Little bit of a twist, but that's what makes life interesting.).

Just thought I'd share, in case anyone did a search like i did. Oh yeah. "java class last year" get it. Java, Class? Har Har.

Feel free to copy this to some blog where google will find it! ;-)

And if whoever that was a bit ago that is using jasperreports with coldfusion is reading this, how did you do it? All of my ideas are messy. *le sigh*

At least I can bust reports now... with JasperReports! Still haven't tried the RTF patch... but that will be cool...

2005-04-10 03:41

well, it's official, i'm retarded (no offense to retarded people).

Simply placing the latest ver (0.6.6).jar, jdt-compiler.jar, and itext.jar in the WEB-INF/cfusion/lib directory works like a charm. At least with cfmx 7. Probably would've worked with 6.1 as well.

I could make 1+1 complicated, sheesh. :-)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic