We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreports Size

2004 IR Help

By: Greg Lloyd - haobaba1

Subreports Size

2005-04-01 07:01

I am trying to write a report in which there is a subreport. The subreport is of varying size and if it is larger than the band the subreport is included in then the filling of the report just hangs. How can we have reports and subreports of the following format

main Item: other item more info more info

another item more info more info

another item more info more info

second main: another itme

another

third item: item

fourth item: antoher

another

another

another

where the items related to the main items vary in number greatly. I don't want to have huge gaps between them just to accomodate the largest subset and I have to use subreports because the database I am using doesn't support sub-queries and I can't change it.

By: C-Box - c-box

RE: Subreports Size

2005-04-01 07:07

Don't put your SubReport into a static band like pageheader or pagefooter. Put it in a (dummy)groupband and set the property StretchWithOverflow to true. So it will work (I hope so, but I'm doing something similiar and don't have any problems with band-height and selfstretching SubReports (except in the named bands).

hth

C-Box

2005-04-01 07:17

I appreciate the response. I am however still quite green with jasper reports and I am using jasper assitant. I don't see the stretchWithOverflow attribute as an option for bands or groups, just textboxes. Could you explain a little more. Currently the subreport is in the detail band of a group.

2005-04-01 07:26

I changed float column footer to true and now it works as expected. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic