We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Avoiding only header printing at page bottom!

ktrinad

By: Joey - joeyfeet

Avoiding only header printing at page bottom!

2004-06-18 22:28

Hi all!

I have a formatting related problem.

I have a master report holding 5 sub-reports where each sub-report is placed in a dedicated group footer in the Master Report. i.e. i have five Groups in the master report where each Group Footer holds a single sub-report.The Group header of all groups has beeen set to Zero height.

In every sub-report I am using a Group Header which has a GroupExpression which when varies a new records line is created with the sub-report.I am not using the detail band in the sub-reports but using Groups with group expression to acheive the same.Now the heading for the record set in each sub-report is placed in the title band of that sub-report.

Now the probz is like this:

In the final report that gets prited (i.e. Master Report) when the an upper sub-report has less reocords and it leaves some space at the bottom of the page and the following subreport is only capable enough to display the Title band of the sub-Report at the page bottom and the rest of the records starts from the new page in this case.

It seems odd as the Title for the sub-report was at the bottom of the first page and the second page starts with the display of records!

something like the below:

MASTER REPORT STARTS (page1)

GROUPFOOTER 1 (Sub-Report1)

<at the end of the page>

GROUPFOOTER 2 (Tilte of Sub-Report prints here due to less space)

MASTER REPORT ENDS (page1)

MASTER REPORT STARTS (page2)

<GROUPFOOTER2> (Rest of the details prints here withput title)

so on....

MASTER REPORT ENDS (page2)

Is there any way that if a report starts at the bottom of the page and has only space left to print the title then we can push the report to start with a new page so that Title is followed immediately with records instead of gettin printed alone at the bottom of a page ???

Any response in this regard will b TRULY appreciated!

Thankz a Z'illion B'forehand

Joey

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic