We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Various font attributes in Text field

ktrinad

By: Alexander Wallace - aows

Various font attributes in Text field

2003-11-21 17:12

Is it possible to have html code rendered in a text field in jasper reports or any way to have different font attributes in a text field in jasper?

What i need is to print a regular document that mixes various text formats without having to define a different text field for each format change. Is this possible?

Thanks!

By: Teodor Danciu - teodord

RE: Various font attributes in Text field

2003-11-28 13:48

Hi,

This is on my TODO list, but not sure when it will

be available.

Thank you,

Teodor

By: Tobias Gaekle - ike987

2003-12-02 04:02

Teodor, can you maybe be a little more precise on when this is going to be implemented? we already decided to use JasperReports in our project, and there are two things that we really need:

a) the ability to apply inline formatting to text (as mentioned already)

b) the ability to display bullet lists (i've seen that this is supported by iText, so it should be possible to implement this in JR)

so can you estimate when a) will be available (weeks, months...), and what do you think about b)?

By: Tobias Gaekle - ike987

2003-12-11 01:21

thank you for your answer, Theodor.

the problem is that i would need nested bullet lists with (preferably) some kind of automatic indention. i'll have a look at the source on how to implement this. of course i would rather implement a clean solution that others could benefit from, so i'd appreciate any tips you have about what you think would be the best way.

By: Greg Jaman - caliento21

2003-12-18 14:09

I'm just curous how everyone is getting around this "problem". My documents require many bold words and italic parts of words.

My plan of attack was to create a large text area for the text, then I would create smaller text areas for the words I required in bold or in italics and overlay this on top of the large text area.

I am having a hard time getting the overlays to match up with where i want them to. I'm using iReport and it seems the abosutle position on the screen changes with the zoom amount and doesn't line up with the final result in jasper reports. The result requires me to switch between application fine adjusting each overlay the the end result never beinng perfect. The results also never match what is produced in the pdf version - but that is a whole other problem and i'm not too worried about that for my reports

Does anyone have a better way of mixing text with bold, italic, and normal properties?

thanks,

Greg

2003-12-09 02:13

Hi,

I think that a) would be available in two or three

months. Probably somewhere in February.

As for the b), I have not studied the problem yet,

but couldn't you just use a special character to put

a bullet in your text field?

Try the 'u2022' character.

Thank you,

Teodor

2004-05-18 12:14

Hi,

The styled text feature is now available.

Check the "styledtext" sample provided.

Thank you,

Teodor

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic