Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Page Breaks Between Subreports

ktrinad

By: Vincent Hikida - vhikida

Page Breaks Between Subreports

2003-12-30 12:50

I am now able to create a report with 3 subreports using the hints at http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=1609974

I am trying to create have a page break at each new subreport. The strange thing is that the second subreport starts on a new page. However, I haven't been able to get my 3rd subreport to start on a new page.

The first subreport and second subreport have exactly the same report element that is:

<reportElement x="5" y="25" width="325" height="20" backcolor="#FFCC99" isPrintRepeatedValues="false" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="false" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true" positionType="Float"/>

If I create the third subreport with the same report element, it overwrites the second subreport. If I change the the 3rd element to y="50", it will float after the second subreport but it will not start on a new page. Is there a way to do this? Why does the 2nd subreport act differently than the 3rd?

By: Vincent Hikida - vhikida

RE: Page Breaks Between Subreports

2003-12-30 23:04

OK. I finally got it through my thick skull that you are not supposed to have that much control over page breaks in Jasper. However, I think I've come up with a trick that seems to work. The example is roughly based on the Subreport sample.

In my "Master" XML I do the following query

SELECT id

FROM ids

WHERE id IN (1,2)

In master I then create a group

<group name="IdGroup" isStartNewPage="true">

<groupExpression>

$F{id}

</groupExpression>

</group>

I pass id as a parameter to both Address.xml and Product.xml.

In Address.xml I do the following

SELECT * FROM address WHERE 1 = $P{id}

In Product.xml I do

SELECT * FROM product WHERE 2 = $P{id}

This seems to be working in my test. I am now going to try the same on a much more complicated report tomorrow.

I have only been working with Jasper for a couple of weeks but I get the feeling that I'm missing some fundamental concept. While I was playing with subreports in my more complicated test, I was getting the page header of one subreport on all my pages. This was pretty confusing. It seems that subreports should be self contained except for whatever parameters are passed.

By: Harish - harishhebbar

How to include the subreport path in Claspath

2004-01-12 22:00

hi Vincent Hikida,

I was going through the subreports.

While including the subreport , if i dont want

to hardcode the path , what can be done.

Do i need to include in Classpath.

<subreport> <subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["c:/Reports/BillingReport2.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>

</subreport>

Please can u help me out.

Thanks.

By: Vinod Kumar Singh - vinodsingh

2004-01-13 20:25

You can do like-

<subreport> <subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["com/foo/Reports/BillingReport2.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>

</subreport>

make sure it is in your classpath (the jar file containing report)

vinod

By: Harish - harishhebbar

2004-01-13 20:52

hi vinodsingh,

Thanks for the reply .

Infact i managed calling the subreport as parameter by using like this.

<subreportExpression class="dori.jasper.engine.JasperReport"><![CDATA[$P{paramreport}]]></subreportExpression>

Thanks.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic