We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

By: Darren Davis - ddavis539

Memory Leaks

2003-12-10 14:13

I have a project where jasper reports is used to produce day-end shipping manifests, mostly in pdf format. While trying to track down memory leaks in the vm, I used Optimizeit to do a memory leak analysis.

After generating 4 reports (all of them were simple 1-page reports), and forcing the vm to perform a garbage collection, I am still seeing several (20,000+) objects left over from the jasper process. These include com.lowagie.text.pdf.BasFont.fontCache objects among others.

I am using the JasperRunManager.runReportToPdf() function to produce these reports. The vm is version 1.4.1_01 running under linux.

Has anyone else seen these types of memory leaks and/or know how to avoid them? If I can't get this figured out, I may have to dump jasper completely, as the server slows down once the available system memory is depleted and is unusable.

• 13 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our installation (year 2020, JasperServer 7.2) produces hundereds of memory leaks per day.

28-Feb-2020 12:17:47.108 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-3] org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks The web application [jasperserver] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator$1] (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator$1@979c98a]) and a value of type [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator[]] (value [[Lcom.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator;@6d90fbfa]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.