Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasper success story

By: Mark Rhodes - mrhodes2

Jasper success story

2003-03-28 15:00

Thought I'd share a HUGE success story for Jasper Reports. I needed an inexpensive way to distribute adhoc reports to about 400 users. All the commercial products were too expensive because of the named user licenses. Also, to be honest I found no commercial products very easy either. Found Jasper Reports, iReports and OpenReports all in sourceforge back in December and thought it could do the job and WOW has it!!! I now have over 50 reports available to 400+ users. We run over 700 report a day with an average speed of 17 seconds. I expect that we can handle about 10 times that amount, before performance becomes a problem. We were new to java and the web. We used some consulting from the folks that developed OpenReports to customize a front end so our users could select a report, be prompted to select locations, date and then produce report (PDF or CSV). We develop all our reports with iReport (available on sourceforge). We have payroll reports, Profit and Loss Statements, Product Sales, Daily cash reports and a whole lot more. Our environmet is;

Linux Redhat 8.0

Dual 2.0mg processor

2gig ram

Jasper 0.4.5

iText 0.97

iReport 0.9

MS SQL 2000 for our data source

jTDS

We have found nothing so far that we did in Cognos or Microsoft Access that I can't do in iReports/Jasper.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic