We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Page Break problem

By: Joshua C. Arles - joshua_arles

Page Break problem

2003-03-26 01:47

I have generated pdf files. I indicated the page height as 792 becuase the paper is 11inches in height. The problem is I'm printing the pdf file using continous paper. It seems like it does not recognize the page break or the height of the paper. The output are printed across into the nextpage. Why is this happening? Does JasperReport supports printing in a continous paper? I don't know if it has to do with my xml file or it is a problem of adobe acrobat. How can I solve this? Can I force it to cause a page break? Please help me. I badly need it.

By: Thomas Richter - hornet_f4c

RE: Page Break problem

2003-03-26 20:00

in fact you should be able to confirm your pagebreaks when viewing the pdf file. It contains multiple pages and you can examine each of them and see if the page was changed as you expected.

If everything looks fine in the acroreader I would say your problem is in your printer setup. Just try to print the pdf with another PC / another printer not using continius paper.

Howeber, if you see that the pagebraks in the acrobat reader are wrong as well, you could check the dimensions you have given for the page size. Make it a little smaller and see if that has an effect.

You could also have a look here - I just explained how to manually force a page break in case the detail area just prints over the edge of the page.

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=838553&forum_id=113530

Not sure if this is related to your problem, though.

RE: Page Break problem

2003-03-27 01:14

Now I know it is not the size of the paper that is the problem. It looks ok on adobe acrobat. There are page breaks. It is my wrong definition of height and y axis of each field. I really need to solve this because I must print it in a continous paper. Is there a new release of JasperReports because I need to set my reportelement's y axis as 11.04 height as 12 to make a total of 23.04 because it is the height of each space in the line. The continous paper that I'm using has lines like this

|

23.4 height

|________________________________________

Because I defined the band as 23 there are remaining 0.04 so as the details of my column increases this 0.04 adds up that's why my details and eventually my page prints across to the next page.

I saw the source of JRBand, JRBandFactory and JRDesignBand and they only support integer as the value of band. Do you hava a solution please help.

RE: Me again

2003-03-27 03:11

Sorry for asking so many questions.

I haven't solved my problem. I'm looking at two different causes. maybe it is becuase of the 0.04 or it must be that the printer does not recognize the font. I used this code

<reportFont name="SanSerif" isDefault="true" fontName="MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24" size="10" pdfFontName="Helvetica" pdfEncoding="Cp1252" isPdfEmbedded="false"/>

and I'm using an EPSON FX printer with the following settings.

Font

Print Mode = Utility

Pitch = 10CPI

Style = Normal

Size = Single

Set-Up

Graphics = Bi-directional.

Is it because of the printer?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic