jasperintelligence webservice documentation

Jaspersoft Community 'Read-Only' as of July 8, 2022

Transition to New TIBCO Community Just Weeks Away

You can still search, review wiki content, and review discussions in read-only mode. Please email community@tibco.com with questions or issues requiring TIBCO review or response.

Does any documentation exist on how to use the webservice/WSDL aspect of jasper intelligence? I am trying to access a report via the webservice and keep getting a series of errors.

I have generated client artifacts to access jasperintelligence from a java servlet using Axis 1.0 wsdltojava ant task. After a lot of figuring I managed to get connected to the webservice based upon a URL of...

Code:
http://tomcat:tomcat@localhost:8080/jasperserver/view-services/JasperServerService?WSDL<br />
</td></tr></tbody></table><br />
the client artifacts that get generated require a bit of tweaking, inserting the "tomcat:tomcat@" into the target URL to make it work.  I can connect to the webservice and view folders, files etc.  But when I browse a folder I get a list of "/reports" folder that says there is a report called "test" within it.  yet when I attempt to access a report via getFile and pass the uri "/reports/test" I get an execption in my generated java code that says...<br />
<br />
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="90%"><tbody><tr><td><b>Code:</b></td></tr><tr><td><pre>exception caught: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.ws.WebServiceException: Resource "/reports/test" of type class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.RepoFileResource not found. getting data of /reports/test</td></tr></tbody></table><br />
<br />
Would anyone have experience with this sort of problem?<br />
<br />
Another issue I am noticing is that if I call the webservice "login" method and pass it a usrname such as "jasperadmin"... it will keep the "remote user" variable as being the usr I had to specify on the URL line (see above), which I had to specify to see the WSDL in my code.  Has anyone encountered similar issues when dealing with how to see the WSDL, etc?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Rob
rsilver@ns.sympatico.ca's picture

2 Answers:

this is helpful..

is the JaserServiceServer the AXIS2.0 interface?

i can connect with SOAPpy WSDL.Proxy, but i am getting

socket.gaierror: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

whenever i try to invoke a method. (the methods do list though...

>>> server.methods.keys()
[u'runReport', u'getFiles', u'getRemoteUser', u'getFileAttributes', u'getFolderAttributes', u'getReportParameters', u'getRoles', u'getFolders', u'getReportList', u'getFileList', u'getFile', u'login']
adobrin's picture
I am not sure if it is Axis 2.0 or not.

Are there any comments from devs or admins on this post? I am evaluating this software for use within my company and the key component is a reliable webservice.

Thx,
Rob
rsilver@ns.sympatico.ca's picture
Feedback
randomness