Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Unable to start jasperserver afte installation

mnf59

Hi, i'm installing jasper server 8.2 CE on an Oracle linux 8.7, after istallation when i try to start tomcat i have those errors in catalina.out

15-May-2023 17:57:17.503 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deploying web application directory [/home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-10.1.8/webapps/jasperserver]
15-May-2023 17:57:26.656 INFO [main] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
15-May-2023 17:57:26.701 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
15-May-2023 17:57:26.702 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/jasperserver] startup failed due to previous errors
15-May-2023 17:57:26.719 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory Deployment of web application directory [/home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-10.1.8/webapps/jasperserver] has finished in [9,215] ms

searched on google without success, any idea about it ?
thanks

Dario

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found some info that may help, these links will show you how to enable logging to see the 'offending' JARs and how to 'skip' scanning them on startup - if that's in fact the issue here. I would double check to see that the user starting up jasper has full admin access on all tomcat/jasper directories too.

https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/least-one-jar-was-scanned-tlds-message-server-start

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40204124/how-to-fix-jars-that-were-scanned-but-no-tlds-were-found-in-them-in-tomcat-9

HI, thanks for your feedback, in jasperserver folder there is no log file ,  i think i've found more infos in  tomcat localhost file, but there is a question i wish to understand,  i have installed tomcat 10  with Jasper 8.2, is this certified ? where could i find an updated certificatin matrix ?  I'm uploading localhost file for you to see  what kind of errors ii have.

Thanks

Dario

Thank you for posting to the Jaspersoft Community. Our team of experts has read your question and we are working to get you an answer as quickly as we can. If you have a Jaspersoft Professional Subscription plan, please visit https://support.tibco.com/s/ for direct access to our technical support teams offering guaranteed response times.

HI, installed tomcat 9 and all is ok, there is only this error , but all seems to be working fine

ERROR JNDIResourceProvider,main:75 - error closing context javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: Context is read onlyERROR JNDIResourceProvider,main:75 - error closing context javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: Context is read only

Dario