Upgraded from 7.8 to 8.1.1. Report just spins, never gets to asking for Parameter

Hi Folks
We have about 50 reports in Jasperreports and those tested are all working fine except this one.  We recently upgraded from 7.8 to 8.1.1 of reports.

It worked fine before.  It is set to prompt before loading:

I have tried deleting and reuploading several times.  The report is running fine in Studio (6.20.1).

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it...

Matthew

matthew.friend@ars.usda.gov's picture

Thank you SO MUCH Lucian and 

jphadtar for the help.  It's working now.  I would never have figured that out on my own. Have a great day!

matthew.friend@ars.usda.gov - 2 months 1 week ago

3 Answers:

You report has language="javascript".  The Rhino JavaScript engine has been removed by default in 8.1.0, see https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-serve...

You can either add Rhino back into JasperReports Server or change the report to use language="java" as you don't seem to have any expressions that actually use JavaScript syntax.

Regards,

Lucian

lucianc's picture

Hello,

Could you please check the 'jasperserver.log' file. This log file will capture possible error during report run.

so looking at  'jasperserver.log' file might help to narrow down the issue. This log file is available at location : ...\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\logs

jphadtar's picture

Hi jphadtar:

I cleared out the log file and then attempted to run the report.   Attached is the log file after the report had 'tried' to run for about a minute. 

Thank you for any help...

Matthew

Attachments: 
AttachmentSize
Package icon Jasperreports Log File3.31 KB
matthew.friend@ars.usda.gov's picture
Feedback
randomness