We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Java Error while Preview a Java Report

matthias.bauer_1
Go to solution Solved by lucianc,

Hello,

I have tried to preview a designed pixel report, build on Jasperoft Studio 7.9.

My report contains a HTM5 chart. The report does not work as excepted and i got an error.

Reports without theese charts will be shown as usual and run without exceptions.

Is there anybody who can help or have the same issue?

I have got the following error message since 01.03.2023 on reports working with HTML5 Charts:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: com.github.kklisura.cdt.services.exceptions.ChromeServiceException: Server responded with non-200 code: 405 - Method Not Allowed. Using unsafe HTTP verb GET to invoke /json/new. This action supports only PUT verb.
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.highcharts.charts.ChartPptxHandler.exportElement(ChartPptxHandler.java:45)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.ooxml.JRPptxExporter.exportGenericElement(JRPptxExporter.java:2066)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.ooxml.JRPptxExporter.exportElement(JRPptxExporter.java:737)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.ooxml.JRPptxExporter.exportPage(JRPptxExporter.java:618)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.ooxml.JRPptxExporter.exportReportToStream(JRPptxExporter.java:514)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.ooxml.JRPptxExporter.exportReport(JRPptxExporter.java:311)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.actions.export.AExportAction.exportWithProgress(AExportAction.java:223)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.actions.export.AExportAction.doPreview(AExportAction.java:346)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.actions.export.AExportAction$3.run(AExportAction.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
Caused by: com.github.kklisura.cdt.services.exceptions.ChromeServiceException: Server responded with non-200 code: 405 - Method Not Allowed. Using unsafe HTTP verb GET to invoke /json/new. This action supports only PUT verb.
    at com.github.kklisura.cdt.services.impl.ChromeServiceImpl.request(ChromeServiceImpl.java:290)
    at com.github.kklisura.cdt.services.impl.ChromeServiceImpl.createTab(ChromeServiceImpl.java:137)
    at com.github.kklisura.cdt.services.impl.ChromeServiceImpl.createTab(ChromeServiceImpl.java:132)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.chrome.StandardPageCreator.lambda$runInPage$0(StandardPageCreator.java:57)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.chrome.ChromeInstance.runWithChromeInstance(ChromeInstance.java:92)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.chrome.StandardPageCreator.runInPage(StandardPageCreator.java:52)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.chrome.BrowserService.evaluateInPage(BrowserService.java:98)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.highcharts.charts.render.ChromeSVGProducer.getChartSvg(ChromeSVGProducer.java:155)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.highcharts.charts.render.DefaultChartSvgProducer.getChartSvg(DefaultChartSvgProducer.java:31)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.highcharts.charts.render.ChartSvgImageProducer.createRenderable(ChartSvgImageProducer.java:99)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.highcharts.charts.render.ChartSvgImageProducer.getChartImage(ChartSvgImageProducer.java:52)
    at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.highcharts.charts.ChartPptxHandler.exportElement(ChartPptxHandler.java:41)
    ... 9 more

BR

Matze

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Set the following two properties under Settings/Jaspersoft Studio/Properties:

net.sf.jasperreports.chrome.page.isolate=truenet.sf.jasperreports.chrome.argument.remote-allow-origins=*[/code]

A background, the problem is caused by Chrome/Chromium 111 introducing changes that makes it incompatible with the library used to connect to the Devtools Protocol.  The two properties above are workarounds for the incompatibilities.

Regards,

Lucian

I've got the same issue and added the 2 properties (well, the isolate one was an edit from false to true), but I still got the same error message. Even after restarting it shows the same.

Is there another way of avoiding this? Does it need to use Chrome?

• 2 weeks later...