Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

how to create FTP datasource. I do not see it in the dropdown Type list

nothingfree00

I am trying to output the report export to FTP server. i want to create a FTP datasource so that user can select FTP datasource to export the report in Excel.

I could not find any FTP related drivers to create FTP source  OR  Ways to save FTP connection details without entering  each time a schedule created.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To clarify your question, I assume you want to use FTP/SFTP as an option to schedule a report and export that out in Excel format at a defined scheduled. Is that correct? Not sure what do you mean by datasource. As Datasource is defined for a database to connect to retrieve the data and run a report, whether it's at defined schedule or on demand basis. Datasource is not used for export location.

To export out a report to FTP/SFTP server, you need to schedule a report to run at desired schedule and choose the "Output Destination" as FTP/SFTP server. There you will need to specify the SFTP/FTP server address and credentials for each schedule you define for any report. As of now there is no out of the box support to store a FTP/SFTP details and reuse the same for different schedule.

While the data source is used to connect to specific database using a database specific driver to pull the data for the reporting purpose. It's not related to export options.

screen_shot_2023-04-06_at_11_28.38_pm.png.4adec6291e63332493bb6f7f959ed8d8.png