We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper blob embedding issue From Oracle APEX

harirethna

I have a pdf report designed using ireport designer 5.6.0 and deployed that jxml file to apex server and displaying the pdf report from apex on the button click.

The report works fine with in ireport designer and in my report i have a image field from the oracle table and it is referred to the blob column. When running the report from oracle apex the report is not displaying and throwing error like

SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-5] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [ReportWrapper] in context with path [/jri] threw exception java.lang.RuntimeException: Error executing SQL statement for:

The above error is occuring if i subsitute blob column in the sql stmt. Suppose if i remove blob column from sql stmt then the report works fine in apex.

Not sure what could be the issue.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hari - are you still facing this issue?  If so, could I get a little more information about your server configuration.  You mentioned you are using iReport for doing the report development and that you are deploying to apex server.  Do you have Jaspersoft Report Server deployed?  If so, what version?  If not, please give more details on what you have deployed to Oracle APEX.  

I look forward to hearing back.  If this is still an issue our team here at Jaspersoft will do our best to help answer this question for you.