Can we count text values?

Good morning,

I want to do a report on the number of transit stops per municipality. This database contains only text values.
I am new to this software and I was wondering if it was possible to count the number of canton?
And my second question is that it is possible to count according to a condition, that is to say to count by canton the number of active or not (format column text)

Thank you for your help

solene.masseron's picture

To add a formula to your spreadsheet, you will need to select a cell that is blank first color tunnel
If you want to count the number of cells in a particular range of cells that contain text, you can do so by typing or pasting the function "=COUNTIF(range, criteria)" without the quotation marks.
In the field labeled "range," type the range of cells that you want to check. Enter the beginning and ending cell addresses of the split.

robertswells2304027 - 1 day 3 hours ago

3 Answers:

Both answers are yes, this can be done.  Are you using Jaspersoft Studio? Or is this using Ad Hoc?

sanderse's picture

Thank you for returning. I use Jaspersoft studio.
For the first I used a variable with as calculation "count" and value class name "string".
However for the second one as soon as I put an expression "$F{arret_dormant} == "No" it puts me an error message is that I must do otherwise than by a variable?

thank you for your help

solene.masseron's picture

Click a blank cell in your spreadsheet to insert a formula. 

robertswells2304027's picture
Feedback