We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can we use the latest JasperReports (6.20.0) with itextpdf (5.5.13.3) to generate pdf reports in a Spring Boot project

fiyov46807

Hello, I would like to ask if there is a way to use the latest JasperReport Library to create a pdf in a Spring Boot project.

maven repo: https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/net.sf.jasperreports/jasperreports/6.20.0

converted-file.png.a652b4f366c55d2d9e261a4ed68af344.png

I have noticed that the version 6.20.0 does not have the following dependency

converted-file.png.2c674f4e83656d74c18f54f03045acc2.png

In order to fix this error, I had to set the dependencies in the POM file, as follows:

<dependency>    <groupId>net.sf.jasperreports</groupId>    <artifactId>jasperreports</artifactId>    <version>6.20.0</version>    <exclusions>        <exclusion>            <groupId>com.lowagie</groupId>            <artifactId>itext</artifactId>        </exclusion>    </exclusions></dependency><dependency>    <groupId>com.lowagie</groupId>    <artifactId>itext</artifactId>    <version>2.1.7</version>    <scope>compile</scope></dependency>[/code]

As you can see above, I had to use an older version of itext 2.1.7

Furthermore, itext has moved to itextpdf.

converted-file.png.0ddeb7ec41a3e23524df47dde8c7e615.png

Assume that I would like to use the latest versions of JasperReports (6.20.0) and itextpdf (5.5.13.3). As soon as I try to generate the pdf file, I get the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.lowagie.text.DocumentException

I read in this thread, that I have to use itext 2.1.7: https://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/986581/jasperreports-621-classes-import-comlowagie

Is there a possibility that this issue could be fixed in the future? 

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...