Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Resource Not Found When Using Tables and JSON Subdatasets

zlawson79

I'm working on a report that uses a JSON Data Adapter that returns arrays of data. I've been working with the SUB_DATA_SOURCE() function, which processes these arrays beautifully from studio. As soon as I set a default data adapter though (in preparation to upload it to Jasper Server), I start getting Resource Not Found errors, listing the xml (or jrdax) data adapter file that I'm trying to use. If I change the DataSource expressions for my tables to be empty, then the error seems to disappear, but, of course, my tables no longer have any data in them.

I'm running on 6.19.0. I know I'm probably missing something with the way that the subdatasets work with the main report data set (in this case JSON based) and a default data adapter. I've seen some examples where subreports are giving similar errors (about resources not being found). But, this appears different. Also, I can't seem to force the jrxml to accept a data adapter using repo: notation anymore. I swear that this was something that used to work in an earlier version of studio. But, I could be wrong...

Anyway, I'd love any advice or assistance anyone can provide.

Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

Did you find a solution to this?  I'm having the exact same problem with a jrdax file, Studio says it can't find it but it's there.  I can get it to preview fine in Studio just once (export the global data adapter to the project, set the default data adapter to the exported jrdax, preview the report and set to the default data adapter) but if I publish to the server it breaks in both Studio and on the server (exactly the same error as you) and the server gives "There was an error on the server" when trying to run the report.  Server logs give pretty much the same error as Studio (net.sf.jasperreports.data.DataFile{File: [not available]; line: 4; column: 37}).

The only way I can then get Studio to preview again is to delete the data adapter from the project and re-export the global one, then set the default adapter on the report again.  This will then work fine until I publish, at which point I get a report that doesn't work on the server or in Studio.

Spent ages trying to get this to work without success, despite numerous guides showing this working (I think they may be something in it with your comment on it working on older versions).

Thanks.

EDIT: This is definitely a bug in the Studio software.  Does anyone know where I can report this?  I rolled back my copy of Studio (Windows) to 6.12 (using XML instead of jrdax) and it works perfectly.  No errors in Studio and the report runs on the server.

• 5 weeks later...