We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to add a Subreport inside an Subreport (It displays nothing)

duckduck123d

I'm trying to make the next report but even if the structure is done right, the second subreport don't display nothing.
I read this is because the subreport don't find any rows so It don't show nothing, but I tried everything and It doesn't recognize the parameter I'm trying to give to him.

The structure Is like that:
Main report -> Subreport (connected by id sheet) -> Another subreport (connected by id_row_sheet, which Is obtained from the query of the subreport)

The thing Is the main report makes a query which returns, for example 4 rows, then for every row of the subreport Is shown and the intention Is that inside this subreport, I do another query which gives me more rows and with the other subreport inside of it show them all this rows. How can I add a subreport inside another subreport?

Queries

Main report:

SELECT * FROM table WHERE id_sheet = $P{id_sheet}       (is prompted)

Result example: 1 row

Subreport inside Main report:

SELECT id_row_sheet FROM another_table WHERE id_sheet = $P{id_sheet}     (same field)

Result example: 4 row

Subreport inside subreport:

SELECT * FROM another_other_table WHERE id_row_sheet = $P{id_row_sheet}     (Obtained from the previous query)

Result example: 2 rows for every row of the subreport

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding a subreport to a subreport is no different from adding a subreport to a main report.

What you need to do is make sure that all the parts work by themselves before they can work together. Also, if they work standalone you will know that the problem is when you pass parameters.

Main -> sub1 -> sub2

Try testing sub2. When it work, try sub1 -> sub2. When it work try Main -> sub1 -> sub2

When you work incremental like this you will know exactly when you do a step that fails what was already working.