We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can JasperStudio connect to JasperServer when a custom authentication method is used

nsfrias

My instance of JasperServer uses an authentication method that relies on pre authenticated token -- i.e. I have a custom class that is invoked by applicationContext-externalAuth-preAuth.xml.

This works pretty well when using the web UI, but when I try to connect using JasperStudio the following error occurs.

2021-08-31T08:01:48,108  WARN RESTLoginAuthenticationFilter,http-nio-127.0.0.1-8080-exec-3:103 - User admin failed to authenticate: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.UserIsNotInternalException: User needs to be internal to be authenticated by class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.internalAuth.InternalDaoAuthenticationProvider com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.UserIsNotInternalException: User needs to be internal to be authenticated by class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.security.internalAuth.InternalDaoAuthenticationProvider[/code]

I have built a script that intercepts the JasperStudio requests and appends the necessary token (to ensure my custom authentication method succeeds). The user that I am using is defined in JasperServer.

The message above seems to sugest that JasperStudio cannot connect to JasperServer when a pre authenticated token mechanism is in place. Can someone confirm or disprove this?

Thank you.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic