We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

how to migrate from reports from JasperServer 3.1 to current version

volpe.boris

We have repoorts running under Jasper Server 3.1. They are running but we cannot access source code of the reports. 

We can not locate *.rxml files in the filesystem; we can see only couplle of examples but not production reports.

The source database is MySQL, we have access to jasperports database in MySQL, we are not sure if report sourve files stored somhere in MySQL

Can somebody guide where to look for report source files, we are inherited this report server form the people who are not available any more and we need to move all reports to a current version and creste/modify existent reports

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 

Can you not connect Jasper Studio to your server ? You should be able to use the "Repository explorer" in jasper studio to connect to your jasper reports server and then access the reports from there.

From my past attempts at copying directly fron the database, I think the reports are in the jirepositorycache table and are stored as binary data. When I tried exporting and importing the binary data from an older version of jasper server to a new version of jasper server it failed. You may try with differnet database export formats and get lucky . If you do please post how you did it.