Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

is jasper report server require for JSS ?

siew.neo

I am new to jasper report, we have reports build from Jasper iReport 5.6.0 on oracle database, without using Jasper Server.

We do not have Jasper Reports Server.  We use Jasper reports standalone with the embedded libraries / plugins provided by Servoy

We are working on postgressql 13 database and noticed that Jasper iReport does not work with the latest version of postgressql JDBC and it  has been replace by Jaspersoft studio. Jaspersoft Studio work with lastest postgressql JDBC .

My questions is:

1. Is Jasper Server a minimum requirement for Jaspersoft Studio?
  2. At the moment I can connect to postgressql database using Jaspersoft Studio but all existing report build from jasper ireport 5.6.0 doesn’t work
  3. Is there any rules or steps we must follow to migrate Jasper iReport to Jaspersoft studio ?

Many thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Studio works without the need of server and should work with latest postgres as long as you have the JDBC drivers referenced.

You should be able to open the JRXML files directly in studio.  Some older JRXML files may reference XML tags that are no longer valid (i.e. PDF fonts), remove those tags and it should work.

Studio works without the need of server and should work with latest postgres as long as you have the JDBC drivers referenced.

You should be able to open the JRXML files directly in studio.  Some older JRXML files may reference XML tags that are no longer valid (i.e. PDF fonts), remove those tags and it should work