We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Do you know why I always get "the report is empty" message

ccphui

Hi, all.

I can preview the Jasper report in Jaspersoft studio, but after I publisehd it to my jasper report server and tried to run at server level, it always return "The report is empty" message.

I can do the same thing in my localhost Jasper Report Server with expected output shown when I run it in localhost server side.

I did not use data source , just provide a SQL (select 'x' from dual)

Regards,

Philip Hui

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Make sure your JRS report unit input control "Parameter Name (required)" matches the report template JRXML parameter name;

1_32.thumb.png.4fd405226c463a182b351fa047018d29.png

2_26.thumb.png.752483d67f9c7cdcd1a3dde9174b47c0.png

2) If this report used sub dataset to feed data to a sub element (table, list, subreport, etc.), make sure the paramter is corretly passed from the main report to the sub dataset through the sub element.

3_18.thumb.png.d76179511884a75cf13dc6d4f0ad8e73.png

Hi tchen & yama818,

Please find the attached screen capture of the my main.jrxml ,

I cannot see the report properties with "When no data type" option.

Also the input parameter name match the variable name defined in the main.jrxml.

Is there anything that I did not setup or something wrong with my current setup ?

Any comment will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, yama818,

I did not try to change the setting yet.

I just wonder if I change it to "All section no detail" and the output will become empty, then it is still the problem I encountered so far.

Or, there is more setting I should do after that.

Your report template looks strange.

Refer to the green colored element - Are you using an image to display report content? How are those parameters getting into the template? Are you superimposing them on top of the image?

Refer to orange colored element - What we need to make sure is the input control unit id matches the report parameter name in the template (you need to expand the parameter list and see the names).

main_jrxml_screenshot_2021-05-18-questions.thumb.png.3d4552fb762361087b6707ae86786113.png

main_jrxml_screenshot_2021-05-18-questions_0.thumb.png.9d16db1aef58728b90c628bc8d2a4b29.png

• 2 weeks later...