We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Records returned but blank pages when .jrxml posted to Server

akrainer

I've successfully developed a report with a main/subreports in iReports 5.6.0. Report bring back data within the IDE. However, once I post the jrxml's to Jasper Server, I get only blank pages returned. I get the same number of blank pages returned as I get with data within the IDE. I know that I have records returned as the record count prints in the report footer. I've eliminated input filters and set constants to eliminate any problems with input controls. 

Thanks for any help-

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it has subreports. I guess your master report is not finding/referencing the subreport correctly. If your master gets the records correctly and there is space reserved in the band for the subreport, it's likely that the output will have the same pages even when you have some problem in your subreport.
I don't know about your server. In my experience I create 3 resources to use subreports. A Report Unit (the master), a jrxml (the subreport), and a link inside the report unit to map the string inside the subreport expression to the jrxml of the subreport.

The problem was the subreport element's, exceeded the width of the report band in the main .jrxml. Once I reduced the subreports's page width, and width of all the bands within the sub-report, to be within the main report's page and band width, the sub-reports's data showed up. Still perplexed while this problem showed up only after I hung it on Jasper Server, and not within the local desktop IDE. Thanks for your help.