Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Dynamic Jasper Reports - How to display group value for every new page's first record?

assetozen

Anyone with any suggesstion or solution is welcomed!!!

I have been using Dynamic Jasper (java). But i couldn't manage to find typical solution for one problem(better look for my report). The thing is that, for the column chosen as a group, it is working perfectly but every time it goes to the new page, the column picked as a group (its value is empty). I want to print the value of column chosen as a group, at the very first line of each new page to minimize confusions like "to whom or to which specific column belong the new page's data".
P.S. without addiny any page break, I simply want to print all the report data continously without displaying each group in each page!

In Jasper Studio, i have seen that we can simply use "Print in first whole band" to have this functionality but I couldn't manage to find an equivalent method for this in Dynamic Jasper.

For details, please check the attached file

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @jgust
How can i set the "column" picked as "group by" to be added in the header ?

In Jasper Studio, i have seen that we can simply use "Print in first whole band" to have this functionality but I couldn't manage to find an equivalent method for this in Dynamic Jasper.

Long story in short: in JasperSoft there is a check box where you can check or uncheck to let the element appear in the first line of every new page. the check box is called "Print ln In First Whole Band". I want this functionality in my Dynamic jasper.