Unable to delete non-organization FOLDER under /organizations

We have a client who has somehow managed to create two FOLDERS under /organizations and is now unable to delete these folders. If Jaspersoft Studio or JRS is used to attempt to delete them as though they were normal folders, it runs into an issue where because they are directly below /organizations/, Jaspersoft treats them similar to actual organizations and does not allow deletion. But if you go into Manage | Organizations in JRS, they're not listed of course, because they are not actual organizations--just folders that were created in the same place in the repository tree where an actual organization would be created. I believe the client was trying to create organizations and somehow in Jaspersoft Studio just created folders instead (in Jaspersoft Studio 7.1, I no longer see an option for "New" when you right click on /organizations, so I'm not even 100% sure how they did it--Jaspersoft Studio 5.6 still allows "New" at this level but then gave an exception when I tried to duplicate the problem by creating a folder at that level in a sandbox environment). Any ideas on how I can get rid of them safely? So far my only thought is to (after first backing up the Jaspersoft database) try the following command as a user who has read/write access to that database:

DELETE FROM JSPRSRVR.JIRESOURCEFOLDER AS JIRESOURCEFOLDER WHERE JIRESOURCEFOLDER.URI='/organizations/fakeorg1' OR JIRESOURCEFOLDER.URI='/organizations/fakeorg2'

But I have no way of knowing for sure that this is the only reference to those folders/resources in the Jaspersoft database, and I certainly don't want to end up with an inconsistency that comes back to bite me later.

cbarlow3's picture

0 Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback
randomness