Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Deployed reports have fields seemingly randomly dissapear

kjalen

Hello,

We are using Jaspersoft community for a few reports. The Jasper server is installed locally on a redhat machine and we have dev, preprod, and production environments.

Several times now it has happend that some text fields, both static and dynamic, just no longer render, reason being apparently they are too short. A fix is to make the fields a little taller and the field will decide to render again. This happens simultaneously in all three environments without any change to the report itself.

I have tried searching this but I can't find anything like it. I would appreciate any help

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The field itself never changes size, it's just that the server decides sometimes to not render text in the field because it seems to decide it's too small. The same effect can be seen if you put a text field with a very small height, it won't show anything in the field because the box is too small to render text in.

In this case it is very important the formatting of the document not change so we would never change anything in the document, just the data it displays. It still however, will decide that some fields are too small and not render text.