Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Odd parameter substitution in SQL

ejhellerattc

I have a report that was written several years ago with JasperStudio. It has a couple of parameters that are passed to it. The first is a value for the WHERE clause of the SQL. The second is the SQL statement itself. The queryString is defined by the parameter:

<queryString>
        <![CDATA[$P!{SQL_QUERY}]]>
    </queryString>

The SQL_QUERY parameter is of a form:

<parameter name="SQL_QUERY" class="java.lang.String" evaluationTime="Early">
        <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA["select <SQL stuff ....> where determination_value = $P{Device}"]]></defaultValueExpression>
    </parameter>

The Device parameter is defined as a simple java.lang.String data type.

This report ran fine in JasperStudio where it was developed and does run fine as part of our application using the embedded methods. However, I switched to using the Eclipse add-in to use JDK 11. With the Eclipse IDE, running the report causes SQL Server to generate and error:

Caused by" com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrect syntax near 'parameter_Device'.

My supposition is that the Jasper Add-In is expanding the parameter, but not replacing the parameter with the value of the parameter prior to issuing the SQL statement.

I could not find anything similar in the knowledge base. Has this been reported by anyone or addressed in a newer version?

Thanks,
Edward.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic