We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Unable to choose data adapter in studio

jeanine.kimball

I was working on an existing report, and I was trying to preview the report and choose the data adapter, but I do not get any options to choose one. It just says -- No Data Adapter --. And if I click on the down arrow for options, my only option is "Don't use a Data Adapter". I have several data sources setup on my local Studio which work fine when I create a new report. However once I've posted it on the server and then recall it to view, I have the same problem.

Using TIBCO Jaspersoft® Studio Professional 7.5.0 - Visual Designer for JasperReports 6.11.0.  on a Mac.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I was having what I think was the same issue and I fixed it by exporting the existing Data Adapter that wasn't showing up, then deleting it from my Data Adapters then importing the one I had exported earlier. I don't think I needed to delete the original, I probably could have just exported then imported and left the original, but I figured I'd just say exactly what I did to get it to work.

• 1 year later...

I had this problem too with one local Project: Adapters not showing up in Studio Prieview (only "Don't use any Data-Adapter")
after some playing arround in the Project Explorer

Cause:
- changing the "Report Repository Type" of one of my local Project-Folders (Rightclick Context Menu of Pr.-Folder in Project Explorer) to "JasperReports Server"

Solution:
- changing back to default: "Reset To Parent"

If you ever encounter another common adapter problem in studio preview:
- adapter is showing up in preview drop down menu but it is automaticaly switching back to "Don't use any Data-Adapter" when Running the Report

Cause 1:
- you may deleted this Report-Property in Report-JRXML: <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.data.defaultdataadapter" value=""/>

Cause 2:
- you may deleted only the empty-string value of this Report-Property in Report-JRXML like so: <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.data.defaultdataadapter"/>

Cause 3:
- some Co-Worker may changed the value to his local Adapter-Name in Report-JRXML: <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.data.defaultdataadapter" value="not your adaptername">

if you write one of your adapters into com.jaspersoft.studio.data.defaultdataadapter you cannot choose another adapter in studio-preview anymore (keeps switching back to com.jaspersoft.studio.data.defaultdataadapter)