We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How can I have a dynamic page footer?

danitza98
Go to solution Solved by jgust,

Hi,

I need two footer with diferent sizes, the band height of first footer is 20 and the band height of the second is 80.

I  want to show in the first page footer one comment ( band height = 80)  and in the other pages footer the number of pages.

Any idea how I could do it?

Thanks

Angelica

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

You can't have multiple page footers so a possible workaround would be to create multiple group footers with a print when expression tied to the page number.  You can set the group footer position to Force at Bottom.

Another possibility is to have a subreport in the page footer using empty row as the data adapter.  You can then pass all your data and format in the subreport as needed.

Thanks for the idea jgust, I got the 2 footers.

I have done it with the Group Footer and the Background, I put my text inside a frame in the Background on the inside and the frame I put the Print When Expresion : $V{PAGE_NUMBER}.equals( 1 ), I also checked opaque, then In the Group Footer I have put  Footer position : Force at bottom and check in keep together, this check is very important because it prevents the text from overlapping.

I have solved it!!!.

Thanks again.