We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Upgrade of JasperReports Server Community Edition from version 6.1.0 to 7.5.0 works without upgrading to 6.4.x from 6.1.0 and instead directly upgrading to 7.5.0 from 6.1.0.

akshaya_hebbar

I am currently trying to upgrade JasperReports Server Community Edition from version 6.1.0 to version 7.5.0.

Upgrade guide for JasperReports Server Community Edition version 7.5.0, mentions that, 
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-community-project-upgrade-guide/v750/upgrading

In section, "Upgrading from 6.3.x or Earlier",
If you're running JasperReports Server version 6.3.x or earlier, your upgrade requires multiple steps.
If you're running JasperReports Server 4.5 through 6.3.x:
1.    Upgrade to the latest version of 6.4.x.
2.    Upgrade from 6.4.x to version 7.5.

From the above notes in the upgrade guide of version 7.5.0, If I need to upgrade my JasperReports Server Community Edition from version 6.1.0 to 7.5.0,
It is a 2 step process, first upgrade 6.1.0 to 6.4.3 and then upgrade 6.4.3 to 7.5.0.
But I tried to skip the 2 step approach and tried directly upgraded from 6.1.0 to 7.5.0 and the upgrade process went fine without any errors and the functionality also seems to work fine after the upgrade.

My question to Jasper community,
Is the two step process really required if I need to upgrade from 6.1.0 to 7.5.0? 
Will directly upgrading from 6.1.0 to 7.5.0 cause any issues/problems?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...