We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Multiple layout questions

rainer.stuelp

Hi,

after getting Jasperreports working with my JAVA beans, I have layout problems. I am designing the report files (.jrxml) with Jaspersoft Studio 6.11. I am planing to design the report similar to an existing HTML page. I am passing my JAVA beans to a parameter called "payload". In my mainreport I declared a parameter with the name "payload" and the class is identical to the JAVA class of my JAVA bean.

Because of multiple ArrayLists in my JAVA bean, I am using multiple subreports. Each report has its own "Data Source Expression" command ( for example: "new net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRBeanCollectionDataSource($P{payload}.getProductInformation())" ). In each subreport I want to use a list element or a table element (both from the Basic Elements list). The data of each dataset is printed in the report, so the databinding is working.

Now here are my current layout problems.

Problem 1

I can't change the default row height of a table. The gap between each row of the table is too large.

Problem 2

To get a workaround for Problem 1 I tried to use the list element. The gap between each row is fine, but the lines with more characters are wraped. When I select the list element I see a blue vertical line. I think this is the limitation of line length. How can I extend the line length so the max. line length is equal to my size values from the Appearance property page?

list_element.png.881f71cfc8f96296886c57b39e47e414.png

Problem 3

Because of using multiple subreports, the next subreports should be printed at the position where the current subreport end. When I put the reports to (for example) the page header band, the subreports will overlapped if the content is longer than expected. When I create multiple detail bands and put each subreport to one detail band, the final report wont display any of the detail bands.

How mus I configure / create my report to print each subreport after another and if the remaining subreports don't fit to the current page, they will be printed to the second page?

I hope someone can help me.

Best regards,

Rainer

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images