We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport 5.6, Fishbowl Inventory and Math Problems

rasinc

I have an inventory-type report grouped by PartId.  There is a total of the QtyToFulfill column for each group.

I want to subtract the total of the QtyToFulfill (BigDecimal) from the QtyOnHand (Double) field.

I've tried

$F{QTYONHAND}.subtract($V{qtyToFulfill_1})

and 

$F{QTYONHAND}.subtract($V{qtyToFulfill_1}.DoubleValue())

I am sure it has to do with the datatype but I don't know the correct syntax.

Can someone give me a hand figuring this out?

TIA rasinc.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply.  I added the formula to the Variable Expression and double-checked that I had set everything to BigDecimal and now I get the error

The method valueOf(long, int) in the type BigDecimal is not applicable for the arguments (BigDecimal)

The express is

$F{QTYONHAND}.subtract(BigDecimal.valueOf($V{qtyToFulfill_1}))

and put the variable in the group footer.  QTYONHAND is showing as a double in the field list in the expression editor.  Any ideas what else I can try?

In your variable have the Value Class Name set to java.math.BigDecimal and try putting the same infront of your $F{QTYONHAND}.

BigDecimal.valueOf($F{QTYONHAND}).subtract(BigDecimal.valueOf($V{qtyToFulfill_1})).

Keep your field class for $F{QTYONHAND} as java.math.BigDecimal and your variable class for $V{qtyToFulfill_1} as java.lang.Double.

Only change the class in your calculation variable. Hopefully that helps you out