We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Text field "textAdjust" property not working

jpatel_5
Go to solution Solved by jpatel_5,

I have recently updated Jaspersoft studio to version 6.11.0. Before this update, the textfield used to have a property "Stretch with Overflow" and the code used to look like this:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true">
         <reportElement x="113" y="0" width="438" height="14" uuid="fe8b4da9-8cf0-468a-813e-0f1f6b60dfc4">
                 <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.height" value="px"/>
         </reportElement>
         <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$P{itemTypes}]]></textFieldExpression>
</textField>

The text field was nicely wrapping the text if the text is longer than the width of the field.

However, now, I can't see this property and saw "Text Adjust" property with a dropdown and selected value is "stretchHeight". The code now looks like this:

<textField textAdjust="StretchHeight">
         <reportElement x="113" y="0" width="438" height="14" uuid="fe8b4da9-8cf0-468a-813e-0f1f6b60dfc4">
                 <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.height" value="px"/>
         </reportElement>
         <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$P{itemTypes}]]></textFieldExpression>
</textField>

The text field doesn't wrap the text anymore and the text is cutting off if it's longer than the width of the field. Do I need to set any other property for this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

I found an issue with third-party plugin. I fixed that and it is working now. That plugin was using Jasper Reports version 6.4.1. However, I updated my Jasper Studio to 6.11.0. Between these two updates, "Stretch with Overflow" property got changed to "textAdjust", which was causing the issue. I updated jasperreports-6.4.1.jar to jasperreports-6.11.0.jar.

• 3 weeks later...

Could I ask what did you do. I am dealing with the same issue whith text not stretching.  it works under Report Previewer however JapserFilManager just cuts off the text and I have just clickd every combination with overflow and different fonts. its the same for XLX, PDF or streight japserViewer and as I mentioned the Report Viewer under editor works.

we use springframework.boot 2.1.3, JPA, jasperreports 6.4.1, ar.com.fdvs jasper cor fonts 1.0, jaxb-api, glassfish and swagger2 2.0

UTF-8 encoding

much appreciate it.