Every time I open a jrxml file the JasperSoft Studio start to allocate almost 5 gigabytes from my ssd. the ssd usuage is 100% and JasperSoft is freezing till it eat up the space from my disk. Also this is happening randomly when I want to place a new static text box or what ever in my report. when I close the Studio I get back the allocated gigabytes but not every time since tha last I lost 20 gigs that I cannot fing anywhere. When I use jaspersoft it always freezes randomly because it starts to use the disk 100%. Once I try to place a text field and it freezed out as always allocate 0.5 gigs from my disk it takes 30 seconds then when I can continue to make my report at the same timeI get back that 0.5 gigs.
It happens with 6.5.1 and 6.9 too.
Have a look at the Virtualizer settings:
Preferences > Jaspersoft Studio > Report Execution
JasperPrint objects created when you run a report in Studio use these settings.
Also I find the default Java memory settings for Studio to be light.
Edit the Jaspersoft Studio.ini file to give more memory, which will improve performance.
These are vmargs I set:
Not useful in later versions of Java 8 that Studio uses.