We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connection to demo server from Studio not working.

bobc02

I am using Studio v6.9.0.

Following the demo server example at https://community.jaspersoft.com/blog/tibco-jaspersoft-online-demo-server, when I do Test Connection I get error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/jaspersoft/studio/server/protocol/restv2/ClientQueryMapperProvider.

I am trying to login to the connection using U/P joeuser/joeuser - as in example.
The screen shot below shows what's going on.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

jasper_1.jpg.d1a488158c059248d0931a3e9798b521.jpg

jasper_1.jpg.40fe76bab89e3dd2e04c3481a71f593e.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to mention, the missing ClientQueryMapperProvider.class is clearly in the com.jaspersoft.studio.server_6.9.0.final.jar.

I have not yet figured out how the classpath is defined for Studio, but surely it's not including that server jar.  I pasted the image showing the jar contents, but I guess Comments can't have images?

jasper_2.jpg

It is jasperserver-pro, not jasper-pro.

Don't know why you are getting that exception, but there are likely to be problems with using the Community version of Jaspersoft Studio against a commercial version of JasperReports Server. You should use a commercial version of Studio.

Also there is a better way to get a JasperReports Server "sandbox": https://www.jaspersoft.com/jaspersoft-live-trial

Spin one of those up for 3 days.

Sherman

Thanks for pointing out the jasperserver-pro mistake. I had tried both, but mistakenly posted the wrong screen shot. 

OK, I'll drop trying to use a demo server. Thought it would be easy. Frankly, I have 3 templates to create, and probably never any others. I was trying to find a demo template for an invoice that uses an image (e.g. logo) to test out my Spring implementation of a JR PDF generator, which works fine with a template not having an image. I'm not finding any guides out there on how to manually write a template, so I installed the community version of Studio hoping to view some templates in action.

Thanks.

Thanks Sherman, the FirstJasper provides a very good example of how to structure a template with an image. I'll use it. The sourceforge link helps me get a handle on some of the available resources. 

I did sign up for the trial sandbox, but the Confirm site has been down all day. I'll keep trying.

Bob