We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is it possible to create Jasper Report for DX APM metrics ?

v.lampropoulos
Go to solution Solved by v.lampropoulos,

Hello,

I have configured a new data source in Jasper 6.4.3 so that I am able to retrieve data from an existing APM instance (10.7 SP3 version).

When I test the connection with the APM data source I get success message.

Is there any way (documentation etc.) to create Views/Reports and create Dashboards for APM services in Jasper ?

Kind regards

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is CA's DX APM.

What data source type are you using to connect to DX APM? I see there are REST APIs.

If there is a JDBC connector that implements the JDBC API fully, you can use domains and therefore ad hoc views.

If there is no JDBC, you can create JasperReports in Studio.

Once you have a JasperReport, you can then create a Topic to use a flat result set in ad hoc views.

Sherman

• Solution

Hello,

I have finally found the way to create a report with APM metrics using jaspersoft studio after following the below steps for configuring the apm adapter.

Go to Repository Explorer and then right click on Data Adapters and select Create Data Adapter.

Then select Database JDBC Connection option and press Next.

Provide an appropriate name (I used APM116) for the adapter and set the below fields as shown in the next picture.

This is the same settings we used to create the APM data source according to the documentation provided by CA here.

In field JDBC Url the missing part is the <IP or hostname>:<Port> of APM EM which I have erased in the below screenshot.

Set username and password according to your implementation.

Since there is no such driver available as an option in the field JDBC Driver above, the most important step is to go to Driver Classpath tab and browse for the already imported teiid-9.0.1-jdbc.jar file from the initial steps of configuring the data source. After you import it, click on Test button to make sure the configuration is right.

Next step is to go to File --> New --> Jasper Report and create your report based on the data source and data adapter you have just created.