jrxml on Jasper Report Server

Need to upload the report to the jasper report server and call it through REST v2 with the parameter. From the parameter the report should collect a link, it is parsed and the data from it must be saved in the fields and a report must be collected. That is, you need a report that parses the desired url depending on the parameter specified when it is called and collects the necessary data from it. How is it better to implement and is it possible. it should also be noted that requests for links must be authorized, which I don’t know how to implement without a data adapter and I’m not sure whether it is possible to process several links

vladimirmanna's picture

it should also be noted that requests for links must be authorized, which I don’t know how to implement without a data adapter and I’m not sure whether it is possible to process several links

vladimirmanna - 1 month 1 week ago

2 Answers:

I am not 100% on what exactly you want. 
So I am assuming you want to update the a hyper link - url referenc point for each resp api call to create the report. 
So if registering the report for the first time with jasperserver via rest, then add parameters in the jrxml and just update those parameters in the jrxml via regex replace of someting and the inject the update jrxml into your rest request payload with the relevant attribute tag.
Or is the report already created and you want to call the report and want update the hyperlink values reference. 
Best would be to also just have a parameter created where you can pass the requested values to the payload before you do the GET request. 
You could update the url and append the parameters and the values or you can make use of the input controls attirbute/property in the payload and update to relevant values.   

joseng62's picture

Thanks for the tip, I’ll clarify. I want to get data from several json files by reference with an authorized GET request, which are formed by the parameter. It’s possible to create a link of parameters - but it’s not possible to make an authorized request, I wanted to take into account why and in what way it is better to implement this task, maybe can create a jar file and transfer the parameter there through the report and on the server, when the report is called, the jar file will be executed and create dataset

vladimirmanna's picture
Feedback