We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Install CE verison on AWS/Centos7

geoffc_1

Hi

I've attemtped to install the CE verison on a CENTOS7 platform on AWS with AWS RDS/Postgresql.

One issue with the database I was abel to overcome (relating to creating the databse as 'postgres', on behalf of jasperdb role , required that jasperdb role to be assigned to postgres user.

With all installed and Tomcat up, attempting to access http://rpt.sign8r.com:8080/jasperserver/   throws an error.

I originally installed usign the binary 'run' file - fairly straight fw after solving the pg role issue.

After encountering the runtime error, I did the WAR installation manually, but ultimately get th esame error.

The error simply doesnt provide any guidance (at least to me) on where to look next - or  what might be causing it.

the logs dump and show,

22-Aug-2019 13:28:21.348 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-9] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [jasperserver] in context with path [/jasperserver] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 2] with root cause
        java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 2
                at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1963)

Im lost, and woudl appreciate some advice on how to get this up and running.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, on the initial install, I used the included versions of both Java and Tomcat.
I made multiple attempts to install and run, with the same rsult. Ive attempted setting max permissions on comeplete directory structure, just to eliminate any kind of permissions issue.

On failing the binary install, I manually installed both java and tomcat, then used the WAR install - both java and tomcat seemed to operate ok independantly; however Im getting this error when I attempt to hit /jasperserver/

Preference is for Centos, but next step is to try a different distro. I guess just hoping someone else had encountered this and there wasa quick solution, or setup that maybe Id overlooked.

thanks